Saturday 8 March 2014

PPP3 // Sagmeister Ted Talk



I have always considered Stefan Sagmeister to be one of my favourite designers, not just because of his unique and original design style, but also because of his positive outlook on life and design, He strives to enjoy all the aspects of his life, and uses his own happiness as a tool for his design. I often get worried that I will end up in an area of design that I will not enjoy, but i try to take inspiration from Sagmeister's positive outlook. 

He also is one designer that I think promotes the message of being individual with your design, in a sense that I personally feel that alot of design follows trends, once someone comes up with something original and people like it, then often other designers will adopt that style of design for as long as that trend lasts, however Sagmeister's work is always original and he consistently finds new and interesting ways to produce a piece of design. This all comes from using his own ideas and using experiences and memories as a tool to produce original and interesting design. 

Here is a Ted talk I found where Sagmeister explains his view on happiness in relation to design.


No comments:

Post a Comment